Online Application for a Kenyan Visa
EXEMPTION OF VISA FEES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS:
Effective 1st February ,2016 children under 16 years of age accompanying their parent(s) to Kenya will be exempted from paying visa fees.
Application for all Visa services should be completed online.
Applicants must complete one application per person to receive a Unique Confirmation Number..
After completion, please download, print and sign the application before mailing it to the Embassy of The Republic of Kenya, Washington, D.C.
Applications which are not filled online will be returned unprocessed.
After reading the Requirements below, please follow the "Continue with Online Application" link to complete the online application form.
Nationals (Passport holders) of the following countries require visas to enter Kenya click for details
Nationals of following Countries, Classes and Categories Of Persons shall have their visa applications referred to the Director of Immigration Services, Nairobi for approval. click for details
Nationals (Passport holders) of the following countries do not require visas to enter Kenya click for details
- Passport( Not photocopy ) which is valid for at least six(6) months -To be submitted along with the application form.
- Completed (Filled in) Application form duly signed.
- Copy of flight Itinerary / Letter from travel agent on company letterhead confirming booking.
- Two Passport size photos, 2 inches by 2 inches (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Visa Fees: (Money order / Cashier's Cheque Only Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya)
- US$50.00 For Single Entry (Tourist/Visitor/Business),
- US$100.00 For Multiple Entries (Tourist/Visitor/Business),
- US$20.00 For Single Transit of not more than 3 days for travelers on stopovers in Kenya while proceeding to other destinations
- US$100.00 East Africa,
- Diplomatic, Official, Service and Courtesy visas will continue to be issued Gratis .
- A self-addressed stamped return courier envelope for Fedex, Express Mail,
Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail envelopes are not acceptable).
- ONLY MONEY ORDERS/CASHIERS CHEQUES PAYABLE TO THE EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA ARE ACCEPTED. NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHEQUES ,
- No Visa is required for persons on direct Transit and will not leaving the airport,
- A single entry Visa would allow re-entry to Kenya from any of the following East African Countries (Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda)
- Visas are usually valid for six months from the issuance date
- Visas are issued within 14 (Fourteen) business days from date of receipt of the application being sent by mail and courier services
- Those travelling to Kenya with their pets must obtain pet permits
- Holders of Kenya visitor/Business/tourist visa cannot engage in any form of employment whether paid or unpaid
- Applicants who intend to conduct temporary business, trade or profession must apply for a special pass from the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi
- Applicants seeking to undertake Internship/placement or academic research should liaise with their host organizations, institutions or companies to make applications for the necessary pass to the Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi prior to their engagements. .
NB: Any incomplete application will be returned..