NAME CHANGE IN THE PASSPORT
NOTE: Anyone who wishes to do a name change either through marriage,divorce or deed poll should apply for a new passport.
- Copy of your Birth Certificate.
- Name change as a result of marriage – should provide a copy of marriage certificate duly certified
and registered at your local county clerk’s office.
- Incase any partner had a previous marriage- proof of dissolution will be required.
- Incase of divorce- forward divorce decree duly authenticated by the Secretary of State of the United
State of America or relevant Government Missions in the United States of America.
- Other name change-forward deed poll (document prepared and registered at the Registrar of Documents
in the Ministry of Lands in Nairobi and a copy of Kenya Gazette effecting name change.
- Corrections of Date of birth, place of birth-Forward a copy of Birth certificate both sides that was
used to acquire the passport (bearing the stamp from Immigration Department) and original expired passport if any.
NOTE: Additional documents may be requested depending on a particular case.
- A self addressed stamped envelope for the return of your passport/documents
- The envelope should have enough postage for FedEx, Express mail, Certified mail or priority mail with delivery
confirmation ( UPS, metered stamps and regular mail are not acceptable)
Proceed to application for a new passport and if there is any other information requested under requirements
for a new passport and are not listed on this page please follow.e.g 2 passport size pictures.