Online Application for a New Kenyan Passport- NY Consulate
NOTICE: Effective 1st April 2016, all new passport applications or renewals without copies of Kenya National Identity cards will be forwarded to Immigration Headquarters, Nairobi for Processing
Application for all passport services should be completed online.
After completion, please download, print and sign the application before mailing it to the Consulate General of Kenya in New York.
Applications which are not filled online will be returned unprocessed.
After reading the Requirements below, please follow the "Continue with Online Application" link to complete the online application form.
If you have had a passport for 10 years from the date of issue it cannnot be renewed.You are required to apply for a new passport.You may apply for a new passport 6 months before expiry.
- Form 19 (Online Application)fully completed and signed
- Your current passport and 1 copy of (Bio-data page of your passport)Page with picture and information)
- Copy of Kenya National Identity card front and back. (Applications without ID's will be referred to Immigration Headquarters, Nairobi for Processing)
- Two passport size pictures.click for specifications>
- A Money Order or Cashiers Check of: (Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya)
(a). $150.00 for a 48 page passport.
- A copy of your birth certificate both sides.(Mandatory)
- A notarized copy of marriage certificate for married ladies who wish to change their names or a notarized copy of divorce certificate/divorce decree.
- A prepaid, self-addressed USPS Express overnight ,Priority mail with delivery confirmation ,UPS or Fedex return envelope must be submitted will all applications for return of your passport(s). Please ensure that your mode of postage has ADEQUATE POSTAGE).
>Requirements if applying for a Kenyan Passport for a minor :
- In addition to requirements above No. 1,4 5 and 8 the following are required:
- Parents Original Kenya passport incase the child(ren) was previously endorsed
- Proof of father's/mother's Kenya Nationality (Kenya passport and Identity card)(Mandatory)
- Original Child Birth certificate and a copy
- A copy of the Father's / Mother's Kenyan Birth certificate (both Sides)
- A copy of Parents marriage certificate
- Written consent from father/mother to issue the child with a passport. (Click to download Parent_consent form).
*Please note that it takes approximately 6 weeks to get a new passport from the date the
application is received at the New York Consulate. Incase passport does not come back within the specified time, please email email@example.com
*Incase of emergency to travel and your application is under process, please refer to Emergency Certificate or Certificate of Identity.
*Please return this instructions sheet together with the application.
*No Expedited service available for new passports.
NB: Any incomplete application will be returned.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.