Online Application for a New Kenyan Passport- NY Consulate
Applications for all passport services should be completed online.
After completion, please download, print and sign the application before mailing it to the Consulate General of Kenya in New York.
Note: For those who hold citizenship of another country please refer to the dual citizenship page before applying for a new/replacement passport.
If the other citizenship was acquired before August 2010 please DO NOT apply for a Kenya passport until you regain your citizenship. http://kenyaembassy.com/dualcitizenship.html
- Form 19 (Online Application)fully completed and signed
- Your current passport and 2 copies of Bio-data page of your passport (Page with your picture and information only)
- Copy of Kenya National Identity card front and back(2nd Generation ID)
- Two passport size pictures.click for specifications>
- A Money Order or Cashiers Check of (a) $150.00 for a 48 page passport or (b) $170.00 for a 64 page passport: (Payable to Embassy of The Republic of Kenya)
- A copy of your birth certificate both sides
- A notarized copy of recommender's Kenyan 2nd Generation ID. Recommender is any Kenyan of sound mind who can certify that you are a Kenyan citizen.This person cannot be a relative
- A notarized copy of marriage certificate for married ladies who wish to change their names or a notarized copy of divorce certificate/divorce decree.
- A prepaid, self-addressed USPS Express overnight ,Priority mail with delivery confirmation ,UPS or Fedex return envelope must be submitted will all applications for return of your passport(s). Please ensure that your mode of postage has ADEQUATE POSTAGE).
>Requirements if applying for a Kenyan Passport for a minor :
- In addition to requirements above No. 1,4,5,7 and 9 above the following are required:
- Original and a copy of child's Birth certificate
- Parents Original Kenya passport incase the child(ren) was previously endorsed
- Proof of father's/mother's Kenya Nationality (Kenya passport and Identity card)
- A copy of the Father's / Mother's Kenyan Birth certificate (both Sides)
- A copy of Parents marriage certificate
- Written consent from father/mother to issue the child with a passport. (Click to download Parent_consent form).
*Please note that it takes approximately 6 weeks to get a new passport from the date the
application is received at the New York Consulate. Incase passport does not come back within the specified time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Incase of emergency to travel and your application is under process, please refer to Emergency Certificate.
*No Expedited service available for new passports.
NB: Any incomplete application will be returned.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.