Transportation of the Deceased
- Proof that the deceased person was a Kenyan e.g. Original Passport, Birth Certificate.
- US locally issued burial and/or transit permit.
- Certified copy of the Death Certificate.
- A letter from the local health authority certifying that the deceased did not die of contagious disease.
- A metal hermetically sealable casket is recommended.
- A letter from the Director of funeral home stating how the body was embalmed.
- A self addressed stamped envelope (size A4) for the return of your documents. The envelope should have enough postage for: Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail are not acceptable).
On receipt of the above documents, the Consulate will issue a letter of no objection for the remains to be transported to Kenya. No fee is charged for the service.